I’ve really been loving the boho inspired tassel jewelry that I’ve been seeing everywhere lately.
Whether on a necklace or bracelet, tassels are super summery, and I love how they add a pop of color to any outfit.
I knew I could make them myself for a fraction of the price… Embroidery thread usually can be found for around 99 cents for 3, so really the color possibilities are endless, even on a budget.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Embroidery thread for tassels
Gold embroidery thread for wrapping
Gold jump rings
A piece of cardboard (2″x2″)
A yarn needle
Here’s what you’ll do:
1. Wrap cardboard with embroidery thread. You’ll want to use the whole thing so the tassel will be nice and full.
2. Using your scissors, cut thread on one side of the cardboard
3. Slip your embroidery thread through the jump ring
4. Pull both sides of thread down on either side of jump ring.
5. Begin wrapping with gold thread near the top.
6. Tie gold thread to secure, and using yarn needle pull extra gold thread through the middle of your tassel.
7. Trim gold thread so ends are hidden within your tassel.
8. Now trim the ends of your tassel and fluff.
9. Make in tons of colors, string to make bracelets and necklaces, and enjoy your handmade, super easy to make, inexpensive, and trendy jewelry!