I don’t know about you guys, but I have Super Bowl food on the brain. For the sake of transparency, what’s on the menu is generally more important to me than the big game itself (I’m willing to bet that I am not alone in this). I tend to start planning our appetizer menu long before I even consider who will be playing. This year the game bears some importance to me, seeing as I was born and raised in New England, but my allegiance still mostly remains with what’s going on our plates that night.
If you’re still on the hunt for the perfect appetizer to take to a party, or if your watching the main event at home, these jalapeño popper bites are perfect. They’re quick and easy to prepare, and they’re great served hot or at room temperature. You could even prepare them ahead of time and pop them in the oven once you’ve arrived at your destination. They’re spicy, cheesy, and did I mention that they are topped with crispy bacon? No matter who you are rooting for, these bites are sure to be a hit!
- 2 packages of phyllo bites
- 8 ounces of neufchâtel (light) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeds removed, and diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 6 slices of crispy bacon (cooked in the method that you choose), crumbled
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- 2. Cook bacon (you may cook it however you would like, just be sure it is crispy).
- 3. While bacon is cooking, in a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, sour cream, shredded cheddar, diced jalapeños, and garlic powder.
- 4. Arrange phyllo cups on a baking sheet.
- 5. Scoop cream cheese mixture into each cup, by teaspoon.
- 6. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- 7. Remove bites from oven and top each one with crumbled bacon.