I would hardly call myself high maintenance these days… in all honesty, most days I’m lucky if I get the chance to throw on some mascara and lip gloss before I head out the door. There was a point in time, however, when I wouldn’t have been caught dead leaving the house without a full face of make up on, and my hair blown-out and curled. Making the effort to put myself together with three kids around is not easy, but I’ve been finding lately, that when I do take the time to apply some make up and style my hair, I feel a whole lot better about myself.
I like to think of my collection of beauty products as an eclectic mix of splurges and budget-friendly items. There are certain products that I have come to love, and continue to treat myself to over and over again, while there are plenty of less expensive beauty products, that I think work really well, and don’t break the bank (bonus points for the fact that I can snag them at Target!). So, I thought I’d round up some of my current beauty favorites, since I know that I always love hearing about what other women are using.
*This post contains affiliate links.
- Kristen Ess Dry Finish Working Texture Spray– Hands down, my new favorite hair product. This is a salon quality texture spray at a great price. If you’re aiming for a soft, matte-textured look, you can’t beat this stuff. I usually spray it all over after curling my hair with a large barreled curling iron, for a beach-y look and soft hold.
- e.l.f. Bronzer– The e.l.f. line is super budget friendly and full of some really great products. This bronzer was a recent fin. I use the Warm pallet, and think it’s just as good, if not better than some of the pricier bronzers that I have used.
- Yes to Grapefruit Daily Facial Scrub– I love a good exfoliating cleanser. Bonus points for the fact that this one smells amazing and is 99% natural.
- Anastasia Brow Whiz– By far the best eye brow pencil that I have ever used!
- bareMinerals Matte Foundation– I have never been a liquid foundation girl. Occasionally I will use a BB/CC cream, but for every day wear, I go with a powder, and this has been my go-to for years. I use the Fair Ivory 02 shade.
- L’oreal Superstar Voluminous Mascara– I started using this budget-friendly mascara months ago and was instantly hooked!
- Yes to Grapefruit Nightly Treatment– Another product from the Yes to line that I can’t get enough of. This stuff is full of lightweight, full of Vitamin C, and free of yucky ingredients!
- NYX Butter Gloss– I don’t know how I wasn’t using this stuff sooner, but I am OBSESSED. As in I pick up a new shade at Target once a week. Praline and Angel Food Cake are favorites!
What is your current favorite beauty product?