I don’t don’t know about you guys, but in our house, Burgers have been a long-time favorite of ours when it comes to dinner options. As much as I enjoy a traditional hamburger with ketchup and mustard, sometimes it’s fun to put a unique spin on something expected, by turning it into something unexpected. Gourmet-style burgers are all the rage right now, and this Greek-style chicken burger doesn’t hold back. Thanks to the perfect combination of ingredients, each bite is like a flavor explosion in your mouth. The juicy ground chicken pairs perfectly with the salty feta, spinach, and roasted red peppers that make up this burger, but the real star of the show is the pepperoncini aioli.
When it comes to burgers, the toppings are where it’s at, and this one brings together the spicy, briny bite of Mezzetta pepperoncini with a tangy and smooth sauce… basically the perfect accompaniment to a Greek-style chicken burger. Taking an already tasty meal and turning it into something 100% crave-worthy! Mezzetta pepperoncini are our go-to, because they use only the freshest ingredients, and every bite is perfection. What I love the most about this aioli, is that it not only uses delicious chopped pepperoncini, but it also puts to work, the amazing brine that Mezzetta uses to marinate their peppers in. A jar of pepperoncini never goes to waste around here, because we love them, but this recipe ensures that you’ll use every last bit.
Be sure to check out the Mezzetta website for more delicious recipe inspiration, and to check out their current giveaway!
- 1 Lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup of frozen flat leaf spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbs olive oil, for cooking
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup of chopped Mezzetta pepperoncini
- 1.5 Tbs pepperoncini brine
- S & P to taste
- 1. Combine all ingredients, excluding olive oil, in a large bowl, and combine.
- 2. Form 4 equal size patties
- 3. Heat a non-stick skillet and olive oil over medium heat, and cook burgers for 5 minutes per side. Be sure that they cook through.
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir
- 1. Place burgers on toasted bun, with lettuce, and top with aioli.
- 2. Enjoy!