If you haven’t figured it out by now, I, like most people of sane mind, am totally in love with all things pumpkin.
As soon as September hits (or even late August under certain circumstances), I commit to indulging in as much pumpkin-y goodness as I can possibly take, until about Thanksgiving.
My husband, likes pumpkin just alright… as in he is not a gourd addict like myself… he is however, an avid cinnamon role lover.
How, I asked myself, can I combine two of our favorite things into one amazingly delicious seasonal treat?
I give you this recipe for super simple, quick-to-make Mini Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls!
1 tube of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (the recipe creation sheets are perfect for this, but if you can’t find them, regular crescent rolls will do. Just be sure to pinch your seams together.)
1/2 stick of softened (room temperature) unsalted butter
2 Tbs canned pumpkin puree
1/8 cup brown sugar
1 Tbs ground cinnamon
for the icing
1/3 cup confectioners sugar
1 Tbs milk (or… if you feel like really kicking up the pumpkin flavor, you can do what I did, and use pumpkin spice flavored coffee creamer
1. Roll out crescent dough onto a cutting board, or baking sheet.
2. In a small bowl, mix together butter and pumpkin puree.
3. Spread pumpkin/butter mixture evenly over surface of crescent dough.
4. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over the top of the pumpkin mixture.
6. Roll up dough, the long way, into one long tube.
7. Using a sharp knife, cut into 12 equal size slices.
8. Place all 12 rolls into a greased 8×8 baking dish.
9. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
10. While rolls are baking, mix confectioners sugar and milk (or creamer) in a small dish.
11. Remove rolls from oven and allow to cool.
12. Top with icing, and enjoy!