I don’t think I have ever spent as much time in my car as I have this past week. Allow me to explain… Max goes to school on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays in the afternoons. Ella now attends the same school, on Wednesday and Friday mornings. So to sum things up, I basically spend the majority of the day on Wednesdays and Fridays, driving to school, from school, then to, from, to, from, and to and from again. Yeah, it’s a whole lotta driving back and forth. My husband helps out as much as he can, but as you can imagine, our minivan has become my second home.
Yesterday, while Max was at school, I decided that is was totally necessary for Ella, Theo, and I to make a Target run. On our way back, approximately three minutes from our house, Ella fell asleep in the van. Seeing as I only had about 35 minutes to kill before we had to head back to pick up Max, I opted to quickly pull in and unload our groceries. Then I proceeded to sit in the running van in our driveway, so as not to wake her up. I’m pretty sure that our neighbors think I’ve lost it, but for me, it’s just another day in the life!
Now that I have given you the incredibly boring play by play on what my life has been like lately, you probably understand why things have been a bit more quiet than normal here on the blog. I’m trying to get my act together and establish a good routine, and unfortunately my writing has suffered while I do. I have a whole bunch of exciting stuff in the works though, and I’m hoping that it’s back to business as usual very, very soon.
Enough rambling for now. I did at least manage to round up a list of all of the things that I’m currently loving, so here we go…
- I did squeeze in a very quick shopping trip the other day and picked up this sweater, which is perfect for fall!
- Pumpkin Blondies. Drop the mic.
- These gorgeous serving spoons made there way into my cart the other day.
- My friend Esther of Cuteheads just released her Fair & Wild collection, and she has totally outdone herself!
- It’s never too early to break out the Halloween pj’s. We already have!
- I was pregnant last fall, so I missed out on some of my favorite seasonal adult beverages… I will be making up for it this fall, with this sangria.
- You better believe that I’m adding this tea towel to my collection.
- Ella picked out these shoes for herself, and how could I say no to “spakwy shoes”???
- Festive food makes me happy… Halloween pancakes anyone?
- I know this post is heavy on the fall stuff, but you guys, this wreath!!!
Have a great weekend!