It seems like edible cookie dough is all the rage right now. My friend, Chanel, recently took a trip to New York City, where her and a friend enjoyed a taste test at the famous dŌ. You can read all about, and drool over her photos here. Don’t get me wrong, I’m totally on board with this trend. I’ve always been the type of girl who loved a spoonful of raw cookie dough, despite all of the warnings that raw eggs were bad news. Raw dough lovers rejoice, it appears that we have found a solution to that problem… by omitting the raw eggs and flour, and changing up a few things about a typical cookie recipe, you can create a safe and edible cookie dough that is perfectly okay to eat straight from the bowl. Hallelujah!
I’m kind of a sucker for oatmeal cookies lately, but I love chocolate chip cookies too, and of course, anything with sprinkles… So a combination of all of these things was what I had in mind for this edible cookie dough recipe. I will warn you guys, this stuff is sweet, but if just a spoonful is enough to satisfy your sweet tooth, you could easily store this in an air tight container in the refrigerator and just enjoy a bit here and there. Or if you’re more of a “go big or go home” type of sweets lover, then feel free to throw a scoop on top of an ice cream cone and have at it.
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/8 cup of brown sugar
- 2 cups of old fashioned oats
- 2 Tbs of milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of rainbow sprinkles
- ice cream cones (optional)
- 1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars.
- 2. In a blender or food processor, blend oats until they become fine and flour-like.
- 3. Add oats to butter and sugar, as well as the milk, vanilla, and salt. Stir to combine.
- 4. Fold in chocolate chips and sprinkle.
- 5. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.