Don’t get me wrong… I love a good appetizer anytime of year, but for some reason, Fall seems to be the season when we indulge in appetizers the most. I’m sure that it’s largely due to the fact that it’s football season, and because we are starting to spend more time inside on the weekends, but either way, I’m always on the lookout for something new. I like to change it up on a regular basis, so that we’re not eating the same things over and over again, because that can get pretty boring. Sometimes the spread can get pretty elaborate, and others, I like to keep it as simple as possible. This everything bagel dip is about as easy as its gets, in terms of preparation. With just a few ingredients, and a couple of minutes of hands-on time, you’ve got an appetizer that is perfect for snacking on while routing for your favorite team, or great to take along to a party.
If you happen to live near a Trader Joe’s then you will definitely want to take advantage of their super popular Everything Bagel Seasoning, which undoubtedly adds to the simplicity of this recipe… but if you don’t, don’t despair, you can make your own using the recipe here. Once mixed, store your in the refrigerator for an hour or longer, so that flavors combine, and it firms up a bit. Then serve it up with your favorite bagel chips, and I promise it will be a win!
- 1 8 oz. block of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup of light sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. of onion powder
- 2 Tbs. of everything seasoning, plus more for garnish
- 1 bag of bagel chips
- 1. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream, onion powder, and everything seasoning together until combined.
- 2. Transfer to a serving bowl, and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- 3. Garnish with additional everything seasoning, and serve alongside your favorite bagel chips.