I suppose with each subsequent pregnancy, my list of essentials becomes just a little bit shorter. I’m not sure if I’m bold enough to say that it’s because I’ve gotten wiser through experience, or if it’s simply because I’ve realized since my first pregnancy that you really just don’t need that much stuff, but either way, the items that top my “must-have” list are significantly less in number this time around. Don’t get me wrong, I still love my pregnancy pillow, I still believe that Tums are an essential, and I think every pregnant woman needs a good pair of maternity jeans, but I wanted to share the items that I really just can’t live without this (4th) time around!
- Belly Bandit Upsie Belly – I’m not sure why I didn’t use a maternity support belt in my previous pregnancies, but one thing is for certain, this thing is a lifesaver. With each baby, I’ve felt the stretch in my ligaments and muscles a little more, and seeing as I don’t get a lot of downtime off my feet these days, I need all of the extra support I can get. I love the Upsie Belly, because it’s super comfortable to wear, and it’s discrete under clothing. My favorite part though, has to be the insert that can be both heated or frozen to help with those inevitable aches and pains.
- Pregnancy Journal – I’m not always the best at documenting my pregnancies, but I sure do try. A cute journal to scroll all of the details in helps, and this one is super cute!
- Bra Extenders – Maybe not the most glamorous part of pregnancy, but it kind of goes with the territory that your bra may feel a little more snug as each trimester passes. These bra extenders are a cheap and simple alternative to having to buy all new bras.
- Prenatal Vitamins – Vitamins are kind of a no-brainer, but they’re definitely a must have. These ones are my favorite. I know that gummies aren’t for everyone, but when I’m pregnant, swallowing huge pills makes me gag, so a chewable option really helps.
- Lavender Essential Oil – A little over a year ago, I fell in love with essential oils. Lavender is basically the jack-of-all-trades in the oil world, but I’ve grown particularly fond of it while pregnant. It’s known for it’s calming abilities, and I love to diffuse it at night to help me sleep, and on the rare occasion that I get to indulge in a bath, adding a few drops really helps me to relax.
- Stretch Mark Lotion – I’ve pretty lucky to have survived 3.5 pregnancies at this point with very few stretch marks. It could be genetics, but over the years I’ve also tried a handful of stretch mark creams. This inexpensive option has been around forever, smells great, and does the trick. If nothing else, it keeps my skin super soft and prevents the itchiness that comes with a growing belly.
- Good Maternity Leggings – I just can’t quit with the black leggings, pregnant or not. These are a current favorite of mine. I love that they offer the option to wear them over the belly, or folded under the belly. I know that I’ll be wearing these long after baby number four arrives.
Do or did you have a particular item that you couldn’t live without when you were pregnant? I’d love to hear about it!